Google is much more advanced than we are and if we still stick to the mindset that Google and other search engines run on 3-4 primary ranking factors, then we might not know enough about Google and its search algorithm. There are a lot of ranking factors but I’m going to share 5 On-Site SEO Factors That Matter Most.
Google as a search engine is getting more complex to understand and SEO is evolving faster than ever before, and that makes it very important to keep yourself amended to the leading ranking factors.
Some of us are still unaware of the fact that Google changes its ranking factors more than often and you will be surprised to see the figure of the experiments and search improvements of Google.
Yes! Google makes a lot of changes to its search engine algorithms and ranking factors every year. Most people don’t know how google search engines works.
And if you ask why SEO prioritizes Google more than any other engine, it is because Google ranks 1st among all the websites in the world and dominates the search engine market share by 92.78 %.
On-Site ranking factors are crucial and can have a big impact on your page’s ability to rank if you can optimize it suitably. If you want to get more recognition and traffic, you have to abide by the guidelines and optimize your site according to those.
Well-Optimized sites eventually get more traffic and that means more leads and sales.
I mean creating a great site would be useless if you can’t optimize it according to the ranking factors and algorithms of Google. And if Google doesn’t rank you on the first page, then you will be less visible to people and that will reduce the traffic flow.
So, today we are here to discuss on How to optimize your well-built site with the 5 on-site SEO factors that matter most. If you stick to this guide you can dominate the search engine with a well-optimized site that will get you more return on investment. Let’s begin…
5 On-Site SEO Factors That Matter Most
If you can make your way to the first page of Google, then you are almost there. You just have to make sure that you put constant effort to improve your on-site SEO and never forget to update the content of the site. You will be amazed to listen, that 95 % of viewers generally do not browse the next pages if they find what they want.
Before coming into the factors that matter most, we must know how Google ranks your website and what are they based on.
How does Google operate?
- Google’s designed spiders crawl the web by visiting the web pages.
- The search engine crawlers then add the optimized pages to their index and keep them organized in the directory.
- And when viewers make a search with certain search terms, Google comes up with the best results based on the search terms and relevancy.
Now when you understand what goes into SEO it will be easy to comprehend the 5 on-site SEO factors that matter most.
Factor 1: High-Quality Content
Content is King is not a buzz word anymore, Content really deserves the honor. Simply written content may not get that attention to rank your page for target keywords. According to research, more than 90 % of content online does not generate any traffic from Google. So, what does Google (search engines) prefer in your content? Come, let’s have a look.
Google search quality ranking says when it indexes the main content of individual web page, it analyses a few factors that are given below:
- Quality and volume of the Content
- Content which is relevant to the user intent
- Google checks the authority and trustworthiness of your Content.
- Checks Website Information and reputation
- Content creator information and reputation.
Google’s main purpose is to show the best quality and most relevant results to the people and completely serve the reason they are looking for. So optimizing your content and keeping it up-to-date is of utmost importance to rank your site on the first page.
Factor 2: User Experience and Engagement
While developing or optimizing a website, we have to keep in mind that we are doing it for people and search engines. It is essential to keep your content fresh and updated in order to satisfy the users. User engagement can be said as one of the ranking factors.
Google has been using artificial intelligence known as Brain Signal to rank the web pages better. This consists of certain signals that can affect your search engine ranking.
Here is what you should be aware of :
- Bounce Rate: If your page turns out to be slow and if you can’t meet user expectations, your bounce rate will rise and that is bad for your business. Higher bounce rates mean you aren’t engaging enough users and satisfying user intent. You can track the bounce of individual pages and optimize conveniently.
- Click-Through Rate: It is very crucial for Pay-Per-Click marketing. It is the percentage of people who clicked to visit your website after a web entry comes up in the search engine results. CTR is used as an indicator to understand if the interaction was successful
- Dwell Time: It is said to be a more trustworthy indicator of your page’s quality and relevance bounce rates. It is the time a user spends to look at a webpage of your site after they have clicked a link from the SERP page and going back to the SERP results. You need to improve the dwell time to satisfy user experience.
If user land on your site and bounce away due to unlikeliness, then Google will think that your product or service is not relevant to their needs and it will be difficult for your site to rank higher like this. If people click through your webpages and dwell round for a certain time, Google will understand it is relevant to their search and will rank you accordingly.
Slipping down to the third factor that keeps ultimate importance.
Factor 3: Social Signals
Google may actually not agree with social interactions to be a direct ranking factor, but its social sharing and interactions can definitely improve your ranking. Basically, if people share your content on social media platforms it implies that your content is valuable. Studies from Cognitive SEO found a link between social sharing and improved ranking.
Links from Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest may not count as links from authoritative websites but you can surely take advantage of them. All the giant brands have maintained their social profiles and social proof around the web and it is important to reach and interact with more people.
Your site or the business you are doing should have a social media presence, your product or service should reach more people if you can promote your content more via definite social media channels. Let’s discuss the most crucial and leading ranking factors of Google.
Factor 4: Link Building
Links are said to be at the leading and crucial ranking signals from Google. If people talk about your webpage content or shares it, it will imply authority and trustworthiness. The links on your webpage could build more credibility, trust, and authority.
So, more links = More votes on your side.
There are three kinds of possible linking boundaries and they are given below:
- Inbound Links: Inbound links or backlinks are basically generated from other websites that link to your site. Backlinks are said to be the main building blocks to good search engine optimization.
- Outbound Links: In simple terms, outbound links are generated from your website that links other external websites. This means your web page content has other information about a product or service and if your given link takes the user to another website.
- Internal Links: Internal linking means you are linking one of your webpage content to another page on your website to make navigation simple. It can build page authority, the bond between web pages, and improve usability and user experience.
Google most of the time takes your inbound links as one of the ways to determine your site’s authority and your content relevancy. Google will find it legit when you will get inbound links from high-quality domains and it will help Google rank you higher.
At the same time linking to your content on other pages can connect the pages and help visitors navigate easily. If you find it hard to improve linking, you can hire one of the best and reliable SEO experts in the country. Last but not least…
Factor 5: Website Speed
Website speed has always been a steady and significant factor for on-site SEO. Google’s only purpose is to feed the user best experience and if your site lacks speed Google won’t rank you higher. As a result, either your site will be less visited or even if people visit your site they may leave due to slow website speed.
According to the speed update that was rolled out on July 9, 2018, says
Today more than 52 % of Google searches are made via mobile devices.
If your site takes more than 2 seconds to load your abandon rates will be higher. And eventually, your poor site speed would hurt user experience and bad user experience would take you nowhere around your goal.
You can check your page speed by putting your site URL in Page Speed Insight from Google. If your page speed comes out to be more than 2-3 seconds you should start improving it immediately.
Bottom Line :
With the current scenario, it is obvious that ranking factors are going to vary and change. And you have to keep yourself and your site optimization according to the updates of Google algorithm and ranking signals.
Advancing with the top ranking factors can help you to improve key analytics, boost your traffic, churn up unique and quality content and build more links. This is the reason On-Site SEO factors matter the most.